This tasty yet basic appetizer, raw marinated vegetables or crudités, soaks in store-bought dressing overnight before serving. The sheer simplicity of it reflects French cuisine: Take a simple ingredient and make it taste exquisite.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups carrots, cut into thin sticks
- 2 cups red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 cups petite asparagus spears
- 2 cups celery, cut into thin sticks
- 1 1/3 cups Vinaigrette dressing
Wash and cut the vegetables. Keeping them separate put the carrots, peppers, asparagus spears, and celery each into their own bowl. Toss aech vegetable with 1/3 cup dressing, cover, and chill for at least 8 hours. Drain remaining dressing and arrange the marinated vegetable on a platter. Serve cold.
Makes 8 servings.