Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 8 tablespoons Béchamel sauce, divided
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 4 ounces baked ham, thinly sliced
- 8 thin slices cooked red-skinned potatoes
- 8 slices Reblochon cheese (enough to fill 4 sandwiches)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
Preheat the broiler to the lowest heat setting. Evenly divide and spread the mustard on 4 slices of bread. Place a few slices of ham, followed by 2 slices of potatoes, 2 slices Cantal, and 1 tablespoon of Béchamel on the mustard-side of the bread. Cover the cheese with the remaining slices of bread and spread the butter on the outside surfaces of the sandwiches.
Place the sandwiches on an ungreased baking sheet and broil for about 5 minutes, turn them over, and continue cooking until they are crispy and golden brown, about 5 additional minutes. Spread the top of the sandwich with 1 tablespoon Béchamel and serve while hot.
This recipe makes 4 sandwiches.