Shredded apples lend a slightly sweet crunch to classic Champagne vinaigrette. Spicy, sweet-tart apples like Ginger Gold or Honeycrisp work best in this recipe.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 sweet-tart apple, peeled and shredded
- 2/3 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups light olive oil
Place all ingredients in a jar and shake until the dressing is well blended. Alternately, you can vigorously whisk the ingredients in a small bowl until they are completed incorporated together.
Makes 16 servings.