This mild cinnamon plum chutney recipe is a perfect balance of aromatic, spicy sweetness, tart plums, and sharp onions . Try serving this spread with rustic country bread and cheese for a light meal or an elegant, yet simple, appetizer.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 4 quarts plums (20 plums), pitted and chopped
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup raisins (red or golden)
- 1 cup chopped yellow or white onion
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 pint jars and lids
Sterilize the jars and lids. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring all the ingredients to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the mixture for 15 to 20 minutes, until it is thickened. Remove and discard the cinnamon sticks.
Divide the cinnamon plum chutney among the sterilized jars and process in a boiling-water canner.
This cinnamon plum chutney recipe makes 6 pints.