Herbes de Provence is a classic herb blend using fresh or dried herbs. Very popular in the Mediterranean South of France, it is used to season everything, from soups to grilled chicken. This traditional version uses lavender. Although purists will argue against the exclusion of the herb, one absolutely can omit it from this recipe and still have a delicious and authentic Provencal herb blend.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 2 minutes
- 2 tablespoons plus 11/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried savory
- 2 tablespoons dried, crushed lavender (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried, crushed rosemary
Stir the herbs together and store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
This herbes de Provence recipe makes 10 tablespoons or slightly less than 2/3 cup of Provencal herb blend mixture.