Walnuts and a touch of walnut oil lend warm flavor to this French Canadian-inspired salad dressing.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped shallots
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup walnut oil
- 1 1/3 cups light olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Place all ingredients in a jar and shake until the dressing is well blended. Alternately, you can vigorously whisk the ingredients in a small bowl until they are completed incorporated together.
Makes 12 servings.