This delicious spiced plum chutney recipe is a perfect balance of sweet, acidic, spicy, and mellow. Try serving the chutney with rustic country bread and cheese for a light meal or an elegant, yet simple, appetizer.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 quarts plums, pitted and chopped
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup raisins (red or golden)
- 1 cup chopped yellow or white onion
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 pint jars and lids
Sterilize the jars and lids. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring all the ingredients to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the mixture for 15 to 20 minutes, until it is thickened.
Divide the plum chutney among the sterilized jars and process in a boiling -water canner.
This plum chutney recipe makes 6 pints.