This savory quiche is an incredible timesaver in the kitchen because it can be made without a pastry crust. If you have time for a crust, try making a batch of Pate Brisee a day before preparing the quiche.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 8 oz. spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup Cantal cheese (substitute Cheddar)
- 2/3 cup half and half
- ½ cup chopped white onions
- ½ cup cooked, crumbled bacon or chopped country ham
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat an oven to 350F. Whisk all the ingredients together and pour into an 8-inch by 8-inch square pan or a pie dish lined with pate brisee. Cook in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes, until it tests done in the center.
Makes 8 servings.