This tuna Nicoise tartine recipe is perfect for a sunny afternoon lunch or a quick, healthy meal on the run. Packed with protein and fiber, these sandwiches are accented with just the right amount of lemon aioli, a classic French seasoning for seafood dishes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 5 ounces canned tuna, drained
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chopped, fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 slices pain de campagne or sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon lemon aioli
- 1 cup loosely packed butterhead lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup Nicoise olives
- 2 hardboiled eggs, sliced crosswise
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped, fresh chives
Toss together the tuna, mayonnaise, parsley, and black pepper; set it aside.
Drizzle half the lemon aioli on each slice of bread. Layer the aioli-seasoned surfaces of each slice of bread with half of the butterhead lettuce, prepared tuna salad, Nicoise olives, and hardboiled eggs.
Sprinkle the tartines with he chopped chives and serve.
This tuna Nicoise tartine recipe makes 2 servings.