For a refreshing and healthful side dish, try preparing this carrot remoulade recipe. Simply toss shredded, fresh carrots with an easy remoulade, or dressing, and you'll have a nourishing, crunchy salad in no time. An added bonus is how budget-friendly this is; you can add it to any menu for pennies!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound fresh carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cornichons
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make carrot remoulade:
Toss the grated carrots with 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice and set them aside for a moment.
Make the remoulade by whisking together the remaining tablespoon of lemon juice, red wine vinegar, parsley, cornichons, and mayonnaise. Toss the prepared carrots with the dressing and refrigerate the salad for at least 1 hour before serving.
This grated carrot remoulade recipe makes 4 servings.