For a refreshing and fast side dish, try preparing this celeriac remoulade recipe. Simply toss shredded celery root with an easy remoulade, or dressing, and you'll have a healthy, crisp salad in no time. This is the classic version on the cafe menus throughout France.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound celeriac (celery root) coarsely grated
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cornichons
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make celeriac remoulade:
Toss the grated celery root with 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice and set it aside for a moment.
Make the remoulade by whisking together the remaining tablespoon of lemon juice, red wine vinegar, parsley, cornichons, and mayonnaise. Toss the prepared celery root with the dressing and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour before serving.
This celeriac remoulade, or celeri remoulade, recipe makes 4 servings.