This roasted potato salad recipe is an easy, year-round dish made with readily available, affordable ingredients. Serve the herb roasted potato salad hot and fresh from the oven, or chill it in the refrigerator for a day and serve the salad cold as a healthy side dish.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Optional chilling: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 45 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2 lbs new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 glove garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make roasted potato salad:
Preheat the oven to 400F. Cut the potatoes into quarters and toss them with the sliced onions, 2 tablespoons olive oil, mustard, rosemary, garlic, thyme, and black pepper. Arrange the seasoned potatoes on a non-stick foil-lined baking sheet and roast them for 35 to 40 minutes, until they are golden brown and tender.
Whisk the white vinegar, olive oil, and Dijon mustard together until the dressing is smooth. Toss the roasted potatoes and onions with the dressing, and then season the potato salad with salt and pepper, to taste.
This roasted potato salad recipe makes 6 to 8 servings.