Sweet and earthy, this apple, beet, and pear salad recipe combines the best of the autumn harvest. Irresistibly refreshing apples and pears are perfectly enhanced by a slightly sweet apple champagne vinaigrette speckled with shredded apple and topped with salty blue cheese crumbles. Serve it as a light and healthy main course or a special dinner party salad.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, cubed
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 medium to large steamed beets, peeled and chopped
- 1 large sweet and crisp apple, chopped
- 2 small pears, chopped (any variety)
- 1/2 cup champagne vinaigrette
- 3 cups packed baby spinach
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
Gently toss together the prepared tomatoes, bell pepper, beets, apple, pears and champagne vinaigrette - apple champagne dressing is a great one - in a large bowl.
Divide the baby spinach and seasoned fruit and vegetables between 4 salad plates. Sprinkle each salad with crumbled blue cheese and serve.
This apple, beet, and pear salad recipe makes 4 servings.