Hearty chicken breasts, snappy red onions, and creamy avocados make this a great entrée salad. Add strawberry soup for a scrumptious light lunch.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 4 ½ cups spring greens
- 1 ½ cups grilled or pre-cooked chicken breast strips
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup avocado, sliced
- 1 cup orange slices
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup grapefruit juice
- ¼ teaspoon grapefruit zest
- Dash (1/16 teaspoon) freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon poppy seeds
Divide the spring greens evenly between 3 plates. Arrange ½ cup chicken strips, a bit of onion, and 1/3 cup each of the avocado and orange slices on the bed of greens.
Add honey, grapefruit juice and zest, and nutmeg to blender and process until dressing is smooth. Stir in poppy seeds and drizzle over salads.
Makes 3 servings of salad with a little extra dressing.