Tender, young broad beans, bright roma tomatoes, and an herbed vinaigrette dressing give a fresh spin to this fava bean potato salad recipe. This salad tastes great right after mixing it up, but give the ingredients a day to mellow and develop in the refrigerator for maximum flavor.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 lb fava beans (broad beans), shelled
- 1 1/2 lbs. new potatoes, quartered and boiled until tender
- 1 plum tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Boil the fava beans for 3 to 4 minutes, until they are tender, and immediately rinse them in cold water to stop the cooking process. Place the fava beans, potatoes, and tomatoes in a large bowl and set it aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Add the vinaigrette to the prepared beans and potatoes and toss the salad gently until it is coated with the dressing.
This fava bean potato salad recipe makes 8 to 10 servings.