Grilling seafood adds a new flavor variation to this traditional French salad. Use store-bought French vinaigrette for quick, easy preparation.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup French Vinaigrette
- 1 12-oz 1-inch thick salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 large zucchini (courgette), cut into ¼-inch slices
- 8 jumbo shrimp, shelled and halved
- 8 sea scallops
- ¾ pound green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces and steamed until crisp-tender
- 16 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into strips
- 4 roma tomatoes, quartered
- 4 hardboiled eggs, quartered
- 16 black olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- French Vinaigrette for drizzling
- 4 chilled salad plates
Brush seafood and zucchini with 1/3 cup French Vinaigrette, and then arrange single-layer on grill rack. Cook 6 inches above glowing coals or low-medium heat. Grill salmon pieces for 4 minutes on each side, zucchini for 6 minutes on each side, shrimp for 4 minutes on each side, and the sea scallops for 6 minutes on each side. Remove each item when it is cooked through to a plate and allow to cool to warm-room temperature.
Place 4 lettuce leaves on each salad plate. Evenly dividing ingredients, arrange grilled seafood, vegetables, and eggs atop the beds of lettuce. Drizzle with Vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.