This budget-friendly French lentil salad recipe takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and is a tasty addition to any meal. In addition to its versatile blend of flavors, this lentil salad defies seasons because all the ingredients are readily available year-round.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked French lentils (substitute brown lentils)
Combine the thyme, sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, oil, parsley, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the lentils and gently toss all the ingredients together. Chill the lentil salad for at least 1 hour before serving.
This French lentil salad makes 4 servings.