Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 6 large tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Toss the tomatoes with the onions, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and garlic. Spread the seasoned tomatoes in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan and bake them for 25 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. The tomatoes are done when they have a shriveled appearance and are starting to lightly brown around the edges.
Toss the roasted tomatoes with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, sage, rosemary, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Chill the marinated tomatoes for at least 8 hours, or overnight, before serving.
This marinated tomatoes recipe makes 6 to 8 servings.