Fresh oranges, earthy beets, and fennel combine perfectly in this tasty orange, fennel, and beet salad. Zesty herb vinaigrette dressing gives the already flavorful fruit and vegetable medley an appetizing twist. Serve this healthy salad for a light lunch or brighten up a chilly night by using it as a first course.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped, fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 roasted beets, quarters
- 2 small oranges, peeled and cut into sections
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
Stir together the crushed garlic, lemon juice, red-wine vinegar, parsley, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk the olive oil into the vinegar mixture until it is smooth. Set the vinaigrette aside.
Gently toss the roasted beets, orange sections, and sliced fennel with the vinaigrette. Serve the orange-fennel salad immediately or refrigerate it for up to 2 days.
This orange, fennel, and beet salad recipe makes 4 servings.