This subtly flavored potato salad is a perfect accompaniment to roasted lemon rosemary chicken and sautéed green beans.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup light-flavored oil (extra-light olive or canola)
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 head butter lettuce, leaves torn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Boil the red potatoes for 14-16 minutes, until they are just tender throughout. Drain the potatoes and cut into cubes. Mix together the white wine, white wine vinegar, oil, shallots, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and toss them gently. Arrange the torn lettuce on a serving plate, spoon the potato salad on top, and sprinkle the salad with the fresh parsley.