Tangy, complex balsamic vinegar and a touch of salt turn olive oil and sautéed peppers into a great side dish for a hearty entrée like Sirloin Croquettes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut lengthwise into 1/2 –inch slices
- 1 large orange or yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut lengthwise into 1/2 –inch slices
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
In a large skillet, stir together the olive oil and peppers over medium heat. Saute the pepper for 5-7 minutes, until they are tender but still firm. Stir in the balsamic vinegar, pepper, and salt; cook for an additional 1 minute. Transfer the peppers and sauce to a dish and serve hot.
Makes 4 servings.