Feta cheese is a popular product of the Aquitaine region in Southwestern France. Crushed rosemary and lemon zest add an unexpected warm dimension to the sharp taste of Feta in this recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-3 tablespoons milk, if necessary
Boil potatoes until tender and then drain. Mash potatoes with all remaining ingredients, except the milk. If a creamier texture is desired, add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time. Serve hot or warm.
Makes 8 servings.