This hearty soup is delightful with just a crusty baguette for accompaniment. It’s easy to prepare and makes a nutritious light meal. What’s not to love?
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 medium Belgian endive, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped white onion (1 medium)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup light cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté the Belgian endive, onions, and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and chicken stock, bring to a simmer, and then cover and reduce the heat to the low-medium setting. Simmer the soup for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Process the soup, in batches, in a blender until smooth. Add the light cream, salt, and pepper to the soup, stir, and heat through.
Makes 6 servings.